Thursday, October 30, 2008

There's a Pep in My Step

So I saw my mountain man today. Damn, is he cute. We've been talking on the phone since the wedding, and as I happened to be driving through Chattanooga today, I stopped by his house and hung out. Not quite a first date because it was really just a hang out. So I guess you could call it our first hang out. Aw.

He had a few friends over, which was fun but made me sorta nervous. At first, he ignored me a little in that hard-to-get sort of way. I almost got a bit miffed because the girl likes attention, but then I figured it out. He was shy. This guy is an extreme extrovert - extreme! - but also actually shy. He kept looking at me out of the corner of his eye. Then when I'd catch him, he'd flash a side grin like he was blushing. Adorable. Later on, his friends showed me some videos they made together, and he got all embarrassed. I caught him checking out my boobs a few times too, which I always think is a good sign that if anything the guy finds me attractive.

I don't think this one has much long-term potential, but definite short-term fun. He had me laughing nonstop. Even joked about our old friend from the wedding when he asked if I managed to score Hollywood's number. When I said no, he said, "Ah well, he works in film so he does alright." And when I teased him about wearing flip flops to the wedding, he defended himself by saying they were his dress flip flops.

And, sure, I gave him the mountain man nickname because of his grizzly scruff and the fact that he enjoys the great outdoors, but geez he's tough. The guy rock climbs. He has a climbing wall inside a shed in his backyard. And he does something so hardcore I'd never even heard of it before today - bouldering. It involves scaling a giant boulder with bare hands and no harness or help of any kind. The dude just climbs a boulder all on his own. I saw videos - it's incredible. H-O-T. Definitely gonna see this one again...

In other news, I tried my Catwoman Halloween costume on tonight! It's officially my favorite costume ever. It fits perfectly and makes me feel badass. Watch out, Batman.

4 comments:

pink jellybaby said...

I wish I was going as Cat Woman...damn it... i'm just going as a cat!

Girl in Carolina said...

He sounds like a cutie pie for real! I wanna see a pic of the costume! I bet you rocked it.

Little Sister Pixie said...

I love a guy who is not only shy, but who also has a little extrovert in him! :)

Hey, there's some slim pickens over here in Wine Country. Next time you see Mountain Man, ask him if he's got any single friends living in Nor Cal!

mushashii said...

funny thing.... i only started to notice this guy at work when i caught him staring at my boobs. haha.

a few weeks after, i was totally inlove with him...

 
template by suckmylolly.com