I've been tagged by Lipsmacker at Lipstick Diaries! Thanks, chickie!
Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up
Six random things…eee gads, I feel like I’ve already told you everything, but I’ll give it a shot. I'd also like to point out that this is my second blog of the day. Somebody's clearly procrastinating...
1. My apartment is dirrty. Just like that muddy warehouse in the Christina Aguilera video, but without the boxing ring and sweaty guys. I’ve been in and out of town for over two months, and it’s really apparent. There are piles of clothes and books everywhere. It looks like the feds ransacked my apartment looking for incriminating evidence…but all they'd find is nerdy academic journals and crumpled up jeans. I wouldn’t want anyone I know to see it like this for fear they would permanently judge my character. But especially my mom. She’d ground me for a month and take away my TV and phone privileges.
2. For the first time in my life, I’m seriously considering getting a tattoo. It’s been on my mind since my grandfather passed. It would be white and on my right wrist. I’m still not committed to it, and I don’t know if I ever will, but I just thought this experience is changing me so much, I want to honor it. It’s a permanent scar on my soul so it seems only fitting to have a visible mark of it on my body. I’ll keep you posted.
3. I’m not a fan of spaghetti. I make great sauce - it’s the noodles I have a problem with. They’re just too messy. You can’t keep them on your fork and always have to suck them into your mouth. I would never eat spaghetti on a date. I’m really particular about what I eat on dates actually. I love wings, and Mexican is my absolute favorite, but eating those foods on a date before things are really comfortable…uh uh. I’d be too worried about grossing him out. Once a guy’s seen me naked, sure, ok, he can see me slurp up noodles, get dirty wing hands and shove tacos that are falling apart into my mouth.
4. I teach undergrads, and the class has about 35 students. On Friday, one of my students raised his hand and thoroughly embarrassed me. He said, “I have something I’ve been wanting to get off my chest. I think you’re really pretty. And, um, actually very sexy too.” My mouth gaped open. I was dumbstruck. A girl pointed and said, “Look! She’s turning red!” All I could think to say was, “Thank you. But I’d rather you just add a chili pepper to my ratemyprofessor profile.” I was mortified! Ok, it’s funny for half a second, but the guy really undermined my authority, and it was wholly inappropriate. And icky. It was really icky. Don't get me wrong - I love being told I'm pretty and sexy, in fact I can't hear it enough - but by a 20 year old who's supposed to respect and revere me? It made me feel more like a girl than a professor, which isn’t right.
5. When I was in college, I did a study abroad in
6. I am ridiculously addicted to coffee. If caffeine didn’t have such a strong effect on me, I’d drink it all the time. But it is quite potent, which is really part of its charm. I need caffeine. I need it. Every single morning. If I don’t have my coffee, I get a headache and I’m cranky because my eyes won’t open. Sometimes I drink so much, my little fingers shake. I can drink it without any sweetener (sugar-free, of course), but not without cream or milk. And remember that song a few years ago, “Meet Virginia”? I loved it because it said, “She only drinks coffee at midnight, when the moment is not right, her timing is quite unusual.” I do my best studying at night, and in college, I always studied at Waffle House because it was cheap, open all night and they had unlimited refills on coffee. I stopped after a giant cockroach crawled across my table. I still have a hard time going to Waffle House, and it’s been 8 years since that happened. Didn’t turn me off coffee, though, cuz nothing ever could. If coffee was a man, I'd marry it.
Now you're it!
* All these ladies are awesome, but I'm a dirty cheater so I'm tagging a 7th blogger. This girl's damn funny - I read a 3-part series about a bachelorette party she went to and think we may have been separated at birth. Check out my newest internet friend - At Least I'm Skinny.