I’ve been talking to a guy for a few weeks and until last night, I was just mildly interested. But now I have to admit, I have a bit of a crush. We’d been emailing about movies, and I think you can tell a lot about a person from their favorites. I like all the movies he listed, own some of them, and a few even took me pleasantly by surprise. But what clinched it all was that he loves Rocky. I love Rocky! He wrote a few sentences about why he loves the Rocky movies, and I couldn’t help but find myself smitten.
Personally, "opposites attract" never worked well for me. Opposites are necessary because I do want a man who compliments my weaknesses with his strengths, but when it comes to most things, I’m looking for a man I have a lot in common with.
What are your favorites? Here are a few of mine, and out of my love for High Fidelity, I’ve compiled them in lists of top fives with no particular rank or order.
Top 5 Songs (selected because I feel the same feelings every time I hear them)
1. Come Pick Me Up – Ryan Adams
2. Cain and Able – Josh Kelley
3. Free Fallin’ – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
4. Baby Girl – Will Hoge
5. I’m Alright – JoDee Messina
Alternates (there are a lot, but it’s so hard to pick just five!)
* Razor – Foo Fighters
* Colorblind – Counting Crows
* Back Where I Come From – Kenny Chesney
* Rocky Top – The Osbourne Brothers (what kind of East Tennessean would I be if I didn’t love that song?? There’s just no comparison - it’s above all the rest.)
Top 5 Movies
1. Almost Famous
3. Little Miss Sunshine
4. Rocky I
5. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
* Happy Gilmore! I still love Adam Sandler.
* Elf (so cute and happy!!)
Top 5 Dude Celebrities I’d Do
1. Justin Timberlake
2. Derek Jeter
3. Joaquin Phoenix
4. Ryan Adams
5. Ryan Gosling
Top 5 Girl Celebrities
1. Kate Hudson
2. Katherine Heigl
3. Shirley Manson (ooo I have a dirty girl crush on her!)
4. Julia Roberts
5. Cameron Diaz
Top 5 Foods
3. French fries!!
4. Anything with crab meat
Top 10 Favorite Things to Do (cuz five is too few)
1. A night in my favorite, secret spot in
3. Water skiing
4. Anything at the beach – I love being in the ocean, walking through the surf, sitting in a chair letting the tide roll over my feet, playing a little football, girl talk while tanning, anything at all really
5. Eating dinner in
6. Long dinners with good friends
8. Watching the sunset over the ocean
9. Staring at the water – any body of water, it doesn’t matter, it’s the most relaxing and centering thing there is
10. Anything as long as I’m with any of my favorite people
Top 5 Things That List Says About Me
1. I love water.
2. I love cooking and eating.
3. I love New York.
4. Good people to share experiences with is the secret to happiness.
5. I'm pretty ease to please - just food and water are all it takes to make this girl happy.
Top 5 Things I Can’t Live Without
1. My hairdryer
2. High heels
3. The Bible
4. My iPod
Alternate – beer!