1. Asking "Is this going to be on the test?"
2. Asking "Are you going to give us a study guide?"
3. Asking "Do I really have to buy the textbook?"
4. When students put their heads on their desk and close their eyes like we're playing Heads Up, 7-Up, and then scowl at me angrily when I wake their lazy asses up. Because I'm bothering them.
5. Falling asleep in class is less annoying than checking Facebook or writing emails.
6. Getting ridiculous emails at the end of the semester that simply read: "hey prof can you change my grade from a c+ to a b-?"
7. Note the lack of capital letters or punctuation in #5. We hate that too. By the way, "you" is not spelled "u." Text speak isn't the way real people talk.
* Sadly, all very true stories.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Posted by Penny Lane at 8:48 AM